The big trend of mixing patterns continues, but the tricky part is how to mix and match and still look stylish for the office. There are several ways on how to mix and match in a chic way and here are some tips:
- Start out by choosing one print to dominate and one as an accent. For example in this outfit I choose a floral blouse, thus big flowers, to be the dominant pattern and the trousers and coat in glencheck as an accent.
- You can also mix prints of different scales, as I’ve done with the coat and trousers; the coat has a larger scale than the trousers and therefor appear as contrasts to each other.
- As this outfit is for the office, it’s important that it doesn’t come across as too intense and for that reason I decided to keep the fabrics in the same color family; like these prints in similar shades of navy/blue, black, and grey. Scroll down for information about the outfit.
- Coat, ASOS (sold out), similar from & Other Stories
- Blouse, Zara
- Bag, Chloé
- Trousers, similar from Bohoo
- Heels, Rizzo, Similar from Tamaris
- Umbrella, Carl Dagg Umbrellas
- Watch, Renard Watches
- Rings, Calvin Klein, similar
Contains affiliate links
Photo by Aleksjj